Monday, November 10, 2008

Welcome back from the Jungle

We are back in Quito after three nights in the Kapawi Lodge in the jungle near the Peruvian border. Sorry I didn't get to blog before we left on Friday but there was mucho competition for the internets. The jungle was amazing. We took many hikes and canoe trips, watched the sun set, saw crazy creepy bugs, monkeys, river dolphins, turtles and one prehistoric looking catfish, visited a local family and rode in an unbelievably small plane.
Tonight we are taking it easy in Quito - probably getting dinner in one of the great restaurants we found in the neighborhood last week. We fly out around 11am and arrive in Portland close to Midnight. I just heard my cat has been expressing her displeasure at my absence in ways I won't mention. I am going to have some major groveling to do tomorrow night.




4 comments:

Kristen-- said...

Strange... Your post made me start singing GNR's Welcome to the Jungle...
Once you are back and have successfully grovelled your way back into your kitties hearts, Lesley and I want to take you guys out and hear about your adventure...

Leslita said...

I'm glad the title of my post had the desired effect.
You're definitely on for drinks. We also want to hear about Hawaii!

Larry G said...

AHHHHHH I missed the entire trip and I usually live vicariously on this page because I really really do love ice cream

Leslita said...

Yeah, Ice cream rocks.