Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Last day in SF

Today we headed into the city and checked out the de Young Museum

IMG_3703

They had Couture and Photographs, so I was happy.

We had lunch at that Thai spot on Haight just outside of the park. Their front dining room was sporting this kind of greenhouse effect which was kind of nice and cozy until the hot food came and then it was downright sweltering. It reminded me of Thailand, to be honest!

IMG_3711


After, we strolled around Haight Ashbury before checking out the Conservatory of Flowers.

IMG_3716

IMG_3717

IMG_3728

They had a cool exhibit of carnivorous plants.

It was hot today. Much hotter than I've ever experienced in SF before. So I kinda did the melty thing again. For as much as I complain about cold, you'd think I'd just thrive in this kind of weather, but I get pretty wilty. So the nap we took before dinner kind of grabbed me around the neck. It took a while to shake the zombie thing before meeting friends out for a late dinner at a great vegan Japanese place near our hotel.

IMG_3744

Tomorrow we are headed out to Angels Camp for a few days to visit Dag's parents. After that, our plans are up in the air due to the horrible fires overtaking San Diego and the surrounding areas. We'll just have to see how it goes. Even if the roads are cleared up and we can get down there, the intended recipients of our visits may not feel quite so receptive as before they had to evacuate their homes.

1 comment:

Baby Boy D said...

It is so fun to read about your trip while it happens. I like it even better since I have been to SF so I can get all, "I miss/love that place so much..."I can't wait to see what you two will do if you don't head south. I am sure it will be amazing.