Friday, August 03, 2007

Change of plans!

Today we'd planned to get an early start and pack a lunch into Stanley Park. But as we stared out the window during breakfast and noticed the first drops of rain, some quick rethinking became necessary. Instead we hopped downtown (well, actually we walked) to the Monet to Dali exhibit at the Vancouver Art Gallery, which was lovely, warm and dry.

We emerged from the museum a couple of hours later to sunshine - hurrah!

IMG_1703

Since we were already halfway there, we continued on to Chinatown for lunch at Foo's Ho Ho, where I had the single best bowl of hot and sour soup of my entire life. It was simply astonishing! I think it had to do with the amount of sesame oil and the inclusion of not only the usual white pepper but also crushed red pepper.
Here I am about to be floored:

IMG_1640

After a tour of kitschy Sanrio type shops and grocery stores full of colorful yet unidentifiable (to me) foods, we took a peace break at Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Garden.

IMG_1675

Here is Dag trying to point out a turtle to me:

IMG_1672

We walked all the way back from Chinatown to our hotel in English Bay and were tripping over our feet by the time we got back, but some gelato...well, didn't exactly perk me up but it was yummy!

IMG_1715

And now we are all settled into the room we had reserved, kitchen and all.

IMG_1719

No comments: