Monday, October 02, 2006

Thailand Plan

Well, it appears that things are pretty calm in Thailand with the coup and all so we will be departing on Thursday at 2pm. If you’re the follow-along type, here is a basic day by day itinerary (remember we will be 14 hours ahead of those of you on Pacific Time)

Friday 10/6 11pm - arrive Bangkok
Saturday 10/7 Free day in Bangkok - wander around jetlagged
Sunday 10/8 briefing with tour group then day trip to Ayutthaya with friend from work. Overnight train to Chiang Mai
Monday 10/9 Free afternoon in Chiang Mai
Tuesday 10/10 Day 1 of hilltribe trek
Wednesday 10/11 Day 2 hilltribe/elephant trek
Thursday 10/12 more hilltribes/bamboo rafting & back to Chiang Mai
Friday 10/13 Free day in Chaing Mai. Overnight train to Bangkok
Saturday 10/14 Bridge over the River Kwai, floating market. Free evening in Bangkok
Sunday 10/15 Free day in Bangkok. Overnight train to Surat Thani. Also, it’s Jessica’s and Thom's birthdays!
Monday 10/16 Khao Sok National Park. Nature walk/wildlife spotting/inner tubing in the river
Tuesday 10/17 Khao Sok - Raja Phraba Lake - boating, exploring caves/waterfalls. Night safari
Wednesday 10/18 More of the above
Thursday 10/19 Krabi Province - Ao Nang - beach stuff
Friday 10/20 - Hopefully try out my new scuba certification
Saturday 10/21 End of tour. Spend day offgassing Nitrogen from bloodstream
Sunday 10/22 Fly back to Bangkok
Monday 10/23 Fly back to Portland

8 comments:

Jen said...

Hooray! Thank you for the itinerary -- now I won't have to feel bad about wanting to ask you for the 1000th time how long you'll be gone! Everything looks very exciting. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Aaron said...

Yay! Eat lots of good food ... and be sure to tell us about it.

Leslita said...

Jen, I know you also want to know these things:
the first flight to Tokyo is 11hours long and after a short layover, the flight to BKK is 6.5hrs.

Baby Boy D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Baby Boy D said...

I hope you enjoy the trip every single moment and most especially the elephant ride, which I know has always been a dream of yours.
GO TEAM THAILAND!!!

popihead said...

I didn't see any visits to the Lday Boy clubs, that must be what all your frre time is for :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't see any visits to the Lady Boy clubs, that must be what all your frre time is for :)

Bangkok Hotels said...

I will plan my next trip on Phuket. My destination is the beach. I knew that beaches in Phuket is very beautiful during Nov till March. If i go there, i will share my traveling picture and blog as well. I like your story blog so much....