Thursday, June 15, 2006

Road Trip!

Today Dag and I are headed off in the backseat of our friends J and D (same J & D from the Vancouver trip last winter!) on our way to Ashland, OR to see some theater!
D, our most excellent cruise director, found an affordable hotel in Medford and on Saturday we will be watching The Merry Wives of Windsor in the afternoon followed by a production of The Importance of Being Earnest in an outdoor theater under the stars.
For all the time I've lived in Oregon, I have never been to Ashland (that I recall - Mom, you may be able to correct me here). It's such an Oregon thing to do - I'm really glad to be getting it under my belt. Since Shakespeare tends to leave me in the dust, even on paper where I have the benefit of being able to re-read paragraphs when necessary, I have read over a synopsis of MWOW beforehand. I'm not sure if Wilde also speaks in ways I can't comprehend, but just in case I also read a complete synopsis of TIOBE. They both sound quite jolly and wacky, which are traits I admire in most anything!
JD & the K thought Ashland sounded like a great idea but since they had Monday and Tuesday off instead, we will be passing them on the freeway as we head home - SAD! But they will have a great time too and will have different plays to review.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Woo Hoo! I bet you'll have a TON OF FUN! Ashland's got some cool stuff in addition to the Shakespeare Festival (although that's probably the coolest). I will be watching this space for a full report!

Baby Boy D said...

I found Ashland to be quite charming, actually, and I do not mean that in a bad way. Cute boys. Cute clothes. There was some water running through it somewhere. Just scenic all around.