Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Scuba Lessons!


IMG_7985_2
Originally uploaded by lesliegardner.
I thought the swim cap might help keep me warm. It did not.
So I've completed all the classes and pool sessions. I've passed the written test with flying colors, which would feel like a much greater accomplishment had they not gone over the ACTUAL TEST five minutes before handing out the test. Part of me was WAY miffed that I'd spent so much time studying but on the other hand...I really do know the stuff, which helps me not be so freaked out, which is a good thing. Like I know that the reason my lips are blue after being 2 hours in an 84 degree pool is that one loses body heat 25 times faster in water than air.
So now all I have left to do is the open water test and I'm certified for life. This will really come in handy when we get to Cozumel in December. I've made a friend in class who also has a Diver Boyfriend. We're considering doing some local practice dives before winter so our vacations will be more like how vacations are supposed to be - relaxed.

1 comment:

Baby Boy D said...

Good luck with all of that. I would totally freak underwater as I freak out even when I am only near water...you would be the bestest deep sea fishing lifeguard lady ever...